Bespoke Bars for The World's 50 Best Bars Award Ceremony
October was an exciting month for Bars2You, mobile cocktail bar hire, as we were invited to provide bespoke back bars for 'The World's 50 Best Bars' awards ceremony which was held at Roundhouse, London on 3rd October. It was a fabulous event to be part of, celebrating the best international bartending talent from around the globe - with a live countdown of the top 50 bars, culminating in the announcement of the World's Best Bar. It was a glittering night which lived up to its reputation of being the Oscars of the bar world.
This is the first year that the awards have been organised by William Reed Business Media, who took over the helm from Drinks International last year. Drinks partners for the night included: Michter's Distillery, Campari Bitters, Hennessy Cognacs, Torres Brandy, Botran Guatemalan Aged Rum, and Ashai Beer - all of whom Bars2You provided bespoke back bars for.
There was an air of excitement on the night, with awards such as Highest Climber, Campari One to Watch and Best New Opening all highly contested. The voting process consists of a selection of Bartenders, Cocktail Aficionados, and Drinks Writers who are all given seven votes - with a minimum of three votes required to be for bars which are located outside their country of residence.
The voters are chosen to reflect the development of the drinks sector, and the concentration of quality bars in each region. Votes are based on personal experience of visiting the bar, and the bars they vote for must have been visited by them personally at least once within the last 18 months. All voting is confidential and carried out on a secure website. And so, to the awards. The highlights are:
- Highest Climber Award (Sponsored by Nikka Whiskey) - Native, Singapore
- Ketel One Sustainable Bar Award - Himkok, Oslo
- Campari One to Watch: Carnaval, Lima
- Heering Legend of the List: Connaught Bar, London
- Altos Bartenders' Bartender 2018: Joe Schofield
- Industry Icon 2018 (Sponsored by Seedlip): John Lermayer
- Highest New Entry: The Old Man, Hong Kong
- Best New Opening: Coupette, London
- Best Bar in Europe: Dandelyan, London
- Best Bar in Asia (sponsored by Hennessy): Manhattan, Singapore
- Best Bar in North America (Sponsored by Michter's Distillery: The NoMad, New York
- Best Bar in South America (Sponsored by Ashai): Floeria Atlantico, Buenos Aires
- Best Bar in Africa and the Middle East (Sponsored by Botran): Central Station, Beirut
- Best Bar in Australia (Sponsored by Tanqueray): Black Pearl, Melbourne
Location wise, London features highly on the list of the World's 50 Best Bars- taking 10 of the coveted 50 spots - including being home of the Best New Opening Bar Coupwette, and the Bar which was crowned World's Best - Dandelyan. Dandelyan is located in the Mondrian Hotel on London's Southbank, and the bar aims to create a stylish neighbourhood vibe to the area with nature and sustainability the most important things. Since it opened in 2014, Dandelyan has launched five different cocktail menus - all with a focus on botany.
If all this has inspired you to have one of our bespoke cocktail bars for your next private party or corporate event, then please get in touch with us today for a free quote.